10.6.10

'No- knead' bread

One million years ago I found this link:

I never made it,
but never forgotten it.

Yesterday,
I felt like trying something special.
Something exciting.
Something worldly.

Once this could mean a trip to Paris
and run straight to Poilane,
or maybe Italy,
to have a coffee with cornetti.

These days,
I have to use my own oven.
I got used to it,
maybe even prefer it.

So I got my pots.
Blindfolded Misses Kitchenaid
and start to blend.
And that was it.
Job done for 18 hours!

This morning I finally could do something to the bubbly mixture.
I could not imagine
what this blurb would turn in to.




I had to get a pastry scraper to handle the dough.





A really hot Creuset casserole pan





My oh My, does the smelly blob really turned in this beauty?




This taste like a pro bread,
really,
maybe beginners luck,
who knows?
but next on the list is her whole meal sister.

So my tip for today:
Press that link
and bake one tomorrow,
You won't look back!

Happy baking




13 opmerkingen:

Onne zei

Dat ziet er echt lekker uit! Kan het bijna ruiken .

Daan zei

Het is ook wel bakweer vandaag ...

Marjolijn zei

Oh ja die!
Die had ik ooit hier:http://steamykitchen.com/168-no-knead-bread-revisited.html
vandaan!

Had jij ook zoiets met het deeg van....uhhh moet het niet dikker, steviger :0)

Maar een superbroodje als eindresultaat!

En beginnersgeluk? Gij keukenprinsesje?????
Pure profession man, uhhh girl!

knuf voor een regendagje

Bree zei

neenee geeneens beginnergeluk, dit werk altijd! helemaal superdepuper.
volkorenversie gauw maken, of je recepje van de buns maar dan zo.
echt een fijne ontdekking!
geniet-ze!

Veterinaire Agenda - Hiskia zei

inderdaad: geen beginnersgeluk, maar gewoon altijd geluk met dit brood :)

Barbaramama zei

Die ga ik zeker een keer maken Guusje!
Dankje!

Roos zei

Thanks voor de link ;-)
Enne, kun je dit ook maken zonder zo'n fab Kitchenaid?

Ketting van geluk zei

Heerlijk, al helemaal met homemade jam. Bijvoorbeeld die van Blij als mij: http://blijalsmij.blogspot.com/2010/06/jam-making-season.html

Lijkt me heerlijk. Ga het zeker proberen in mijn creuset.

En zeker fijn zo'n resultaat in 1 keer!

Kenza zei

Oh wonderful! I will check the link!

Helmi zei

Heerlijk, de geur van vers gebakken brood.
Groet, Helmi

Mlle Paradis zei

isn't this a miraculous recipe? and so tidy too!

i like your orla kiely curtains! you must be so pleased with how your house is coming together.

Hullabaloo Homestead zei

I may just have to try that...and hope for great beginers luck too!

:)Lisa

Juniper zei

yes this is wonderful isn't it! My sister tipped me off about it when I lived in Brighton and with a little bit of planning it is heaven- the smell and taste of fresh baked (crusty bread)! Lots of different variations you can do.