25.8.10

The way back home






When Poppy was born,
my parents told us we could choose something special as a gift.
We had a long thought about it,
and came up with a wish.
But like many things in life,
it seemed that the right time wasn't there yet
to make the final decision to go and buy such luxurious gift.

This weekend,
Poppy gave me
(me, because Kees was out of town)
the scare of my life.
She got lost in the house,
at night time,
nowhere to be found.

I was hysterical
I thought I lost her.
After 10 horrifying minutes,
with all the neighbours searching with me,
we found her sleeping in Kiefer bed.
The little trooper made the journey up the stairs by herself
and found a better bed to sleep in!
I'm still recovering....
(Kiefer was with me at the time)






When I saw this necklace many, many months ago,
I knew it was the one for me.
After friday-night's incident,
I knew the time had come to go out and buy her.

It's a golden bell with a beautiful golden necklace.
Used for those who got lost
and need to come home again.

May our children always hear the little bell
around our necks
and find their way home safely
from their life travels.








Thank you, Mum and Dad
I'll never take it off!


22 opmerkingen:

Kenza zei

beautiful gift! it is actually one you are making to your children!
many kisses!
glad she was well and simply in another bed.

Renske zei

Ohh Guus, wat vreselijk moet dat zijn geweest! Pfff ik krijg er zelfs hier hartkloppingen van en tranen over mijn wangen natuurlijk, super softy die ik ben.

Yanyan zei

what a beautiful gift. My heart beats fast when I read you were searching for her. The little one really surprises us sometimes with their ability. I remembered how terrified I felt the first time when Landon climbed out of his crib when he was only a year old...

Unknown zei

It is such a horrible feeling when you cant find your child. Typically they are blissfully (thankfully) unaware of our panic. Lovely gift, I feel I need one! Maybe all mothers need one! x

**EYE-SNACKS** zei

Pfft, dat moet schrikken zijn geweest,zeg! Oh, lijkt me verschrikkelijk,gelukkig goed afgelopen!
Mooi kadootje :)

Mejuffrouw Mie zei

Loveley story. so a loveley present!

Isabelle zei

a beautiful gift ...

Sandra zei

Wat moet dat schrikken zijn geweest! Het avontuur van de kleine ontdekkingsreiziger die gewoon een lekker bedje zocht om in te slapen.
Gelukkig een verhaal met een happy end en een prachtige ketting als slot.

Veterinaire Agenda - Hiskia zei

prachtig verteld! wat een ellende...maar wat een geweldig mooie ketting!

wendela zei

jezus guus wat een schrik!!

en die lieverd lag gewoon te slapen!
wat een ondernemende dame heb je daar en wat een mooi kado van je ouders.

xx

joo-expo zei

wat een schrik!
wat een ondernemend dametje!
wat een fantastisch kado!!!

anna zei

man man wat er dan wel niet door je heen gaat brrrr :(
Prachtige ketting!

Annemiek zei

Jeetje, wat een schrik... En wat een mooi cadeau!

tikjewit zei

-slik-schrik-! Fijn cadeau; dát dan weer wel-(tinker-bell)

fatfatsheep zei

You can ring my bell...
what a beaut!

Dina zei

Oh my I can imagine the fear!! and climbing up the stairs already!! Leah is now walking and next week I will try and get her a pair of shoes because at the moment she is the girl with no shoes :(

Damaris @Kitchen Corners zei

That happened to me once. I woke up and my son was gone. I ran outside in my underwear (the ugly kind, not the flattering sexy kind) and looked everywhere for him. He was on the street sitting on the far curb waiting for his dad to come home from surfing. I cried of happiness then anger then happiness again. Safety is a beautiful thing.

Martine zei

Dacht ik toch dat het een traphekje zou zijn geworden... ;)
Mooi Guusje!

;) zei

What a story... and lovely gift !

Bree zei

yak!!
neej!
wat vreeschelijk
moet er niet aan denken!
gelukkig was ze veilig en wel..
sjoe
[nog dromen?]

heeeeel lief prachtig kado van je ouders
echt zuuuperlief
guusje tinkelbel

Guusje zei

Yes!

I did have nightmares.
For three nights, now I'm feeling much better.


Thank you all for your lovely comments and stories!!!

xx guusje

Anki zei

Oeh, wat een vreselijk moment moet dat geweest zijn maar wat een prachtig sierraad!