22.4.10


Earthday 2

I'm gonna be honest here.
Honest to myself and honest to the world.
I'm not the most honest.
I don't recycle all I could.
I sometimes do forget to bring grocery bags
and we over consume.

I'm the head of the household,
so I feel I'm responsible.
Responsible for our donation to this ever growing landfill,
responsible to set an example for my children.

I worry about meat with antibiotic resistant bacteria,
I worry about the general health of our foods,
I worry about our house that keeps filling with junk.
I worry about loads of things concerning environmental issues.

What is it, I can do?

I do clean with eco friendly products.
We eat mostly organic and I try to buy Dutch vegetables.
I don't eat any meat, all my boys love it, their meet is strictly organic.
And that's it.
My thing for the Earth stops right there.
(oh yes, of course I trow glass in the glass container, but don't we all?)

First thing, to set up our own recycle centre in the shed.
Next to the wines ;-)

I'll visit some eco sites with tips and tricks.

It's time....

11 opmerkingen:

Janina Modaal zei

Hey Guusje, wat goed van je, al die inspanningen en dat engagement.
En ik vind dat je al behoorlijk wat doet hoor.
Je moet jezelf niet te snel op de borst kloppen, maar je mag ook niet te streng zijn voor jezelf!
Doe maar rustig verder zoals je bezig bent, misschien ontdek je nog enkele goede tips, en dan zal de teloorgang van de wereld alvast niet aan jou te wijten zijn :).

anna zei

Van de week heb ik mijn ecologische voetafdruk gemeten: boven gemiddeld (!) Ik was echt verbaasd (ik eet weinig vlees, koop veel 2e hands etc.).. Ik hou mezelf maar voor dat alle kleine dingen meetellen, anders dan verlies je je er gemakkelijk in. Goed bezig hoor Guusje!

Kickcan & Conkers zei

I'm convinced every little bit helps! We recycle, eat organic, grow our own veg and some fruit, walk as much as poss and are renovating our house with eco-friendly, low-energy consuming products. It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it!

Ketting van geluk zei

Hi Guusje,
het lijkt me dat je al behoorlijk je best doet om een handje mee te helpen. Ga zo door! Natuurlijk is er nog veel meer te doen, maar alle kleine beetjes helpen denk ik altijd maar. Als je nog meer kan doen, dan komt dat vanzelf wel.
p.s. ik volg je blog met veel plezier, dank. Jasmijn

Barbaramama zei

Mooi Guust, al die eerlijkheid!
Maar eerlijk is eerlijk...ik vind dat jij al best heel veel doet hoor. En je bewust zijn is het begin he?

X Bar

Maia zei

A wonderful resolution for earth day, sweet Guusje!

'n Elzetje zei

Ha Guusje, ik lees nu 'no impact man' van Colin Beavan; grappig geschreven en laat je nog meer nadenken over je gewoontes.
Jij bent trouwens al super bezig hoor; stapje voor stapje, toch?!
groet, Idelet

Lollipop zei

I love your honesty,... If you feel like that, it is because you know about the all thing, and you feel concern about it. Not everybody is like you.

Joyce zei

An honest post willing to make changes. Good job my friend! xo

Francesca zei

I really like your honest post. Recycling works better when it's made easier: make your own centre next to the wines:)!

mir zei

ik denk dat is een goed initiative !!! soory ik spreek niet goed Nederlands ! your'e blog is very beautiful ! nice to meet you !