We love this shape or origami stars,
they remind us of the beautiful home birth of Roemer.
Just after midnight,
Roemer arrived in total peace.
Full moon and candle light,
healthy and blessed.
After his first mother's milk,
it was time for him to meet our midwife.
she took a measuring tape out of her bag
and gently measured his lovely little body.
When she was done
she folded a tiny little star,
for us to keep.
How cool is that?
These origami stars are so easy to make,
you can do this any time of the day.
You will need:
beautiful paper (I used Japanese paper in midnight blue with bleached dots)
scissors or scalpel/cutting board
beautiful thread (I used thin gold thread)
a thin needle
1. cut strips of paper,
various widths will be various sizes stars
3. make it tight, but don't go over the folding line with your fingers.
4. Fold the beginning of the paper back.
You will see which way it should tucked in.
5. Start to wrap the strip around and around and around.
6. Tuck the end in the star.
7. With the end of your thumb,
gently push to puff up a side.
8. continue to do so.
9. Make lots!
10. Put on a beautiful thread with a thin needle.