18.7.10

Weekend and stuff







We were having an Italian sunday over here.
My kids love Italian food.
We made large pizza's and fed, besides our family, the neighbors too.
For dessert 'the girl next door' served Pavlova with summer fruits.
(My very very favorite)

For a change,
I made this very lovely
'Crostada di fichi'
Fig tart.
For the first time,
from 'Jamie's Italy'.
Thanks universe for sending Jamie,
his food is just perfect to feed families and friends.







A big hit.

Lovely texture,
a very intense taste without being too much.
You can feed lost and lots
because of the 'small' portions.
Perfect to share in our little community.
The recipe calls for fresh figs,
I used dried ones which I soaked.
I added a dollop of home made fig jam on top of the figs,
just before it went in the oven.
I reduced the amount of sugar in the frangipane,
I like it a little less sweet.

The recipe can be found HERE.















In the rest of my spare time,
I tried to sew a bit more.
I screen printed some fabric on friday,
and it was calling my name at the kitchen table all day.

I made a shopper XL
I quickly have to make another one,
for me!
I ♥ her














Have a lovely monday!
X Guusje




13 opmerkingen:

Kaylovesvintage zei

the cake looks great, soon I will have my own figs in the garden and then I will try it..

enjoy summer

zei

This looks delicious and the bag looks big enough even for a visit at the beach.

XX

Daan zei

oelekker!!


en Guusje goes XL, puike shoppert!!

-x-x-x-x-x-

Siem zei

Hihi, ik moest zo lachen om het feit dat je dank zegt dat Jamie bestaat! Ben het helemaal met je eens, hoor!!!

Complimenten voor je shopper, vooral de olifant vind ik CUTE.

jane zei

i alos want to thank the universe for jamie;) and yet another fabulous bag!

Juniper zei

Ohhh this fig tart looks delicious!! The new smaller very purple ones just came into season- I picked up a kilo this morning!! we have Jamie Oliver's Italy cook book so off I go!! Thank you and sounds like it was a very nice evening! Oh and his lemon sorbet is killer!

By the way my dear I am having difficulty seeing your words on the screen... it is hurting my eyes... is there any small chance you can make the grey just a teeny tiny bit darker?

liset zei

Heerlijke taart, geweldige tas!

**EYE-SNACKS** zei

wow, dat ziet er lekker uit!!
Nog even een weekje werken en dan ga ik wat recepten uit proberen!

april zei

what a great idea. i'm in love with italian days. and pizza of course. and i'm impressed about your sewing. how do you find time. and a question: how can i learn different ways to stamp on fabric? is there a book you recommend? how did you learned it? big hug*

Guusje zei

I screen print my fabrics. You need to have screens for that. Not the most easy way to begin with.....
But you can use stamps for printing on textiles. It easy, fun and you can make your own stamps really easy.
Lotta Jansdotter has a book about printing on fabrics. A good book for beginners. Have a go, it's so much fun an everyone can do it!

x g

Effie zei

Mooie tassen. Ik krijg weer zin in een nieuw grafiekseizoen! Ik ga volgen!

erika zei

Wat een prachtige tas!!

Unknown zei

Super tas, je maakt prachtige dingen!
Mocht je een ruil willen, just let me know!